INTERNAL POSTING FOR CURRENT EMPLOYEES ONLY
Lane Supply Company and its affiliate Compressed Air Technologies is looking for a Service Manager to join our innovative, dynamic team!
Founded in 1955, Lane Supply Company is the premier solutions provider and wholesale distributor of specialty manufacturing, industrial, and construction supplies and equipment to hundreds of manufacturers and contractors throughout the United States. Since 2017, we’ve executed a methodical and aggressive growth strategy, resulting in the addition of three locations and over 400% growth. As we continue to achieve our goals and expand, we are looking to add individuals to our team who are passionate about what they do, have the grit to get the job done, and always do the right thing.
We are a “Sixty-Year-Old Start-Up,” challenging how traditional industrial supply and solutions providers do business. We value our customers and employees and strive to build a culture where hard work, integrity, honesty, and ingenuity are rewarded. If you’re looking to be a part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business, this may be the opportunity for you.
About the Role
Based out of Monroe, Ohio area, the Service Manager will report to the General Manager and is responsible for maintaining customer relationships and improving response and delivery times; resolving service problems and customer complaints, supervising members of the Service team, and maintaining the rental fleet. Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
What You’ll Do in This Role
- Develop and implement service standards and procedures for the service department.
- Supervise other members of the service team.
- Maintain customer relationships and improve response and delivery times.
- Update service methods to improve overall efficiency.
- Resolve service problems and customer complaints.
- Implement, follow, and document a training plan for members of the service team.
- Create and present regular reports to senior management.
- Maintain compressor rental fleet.
- Manage and oversee the warehouse employees and inventory.
- Maintain a safe work environment while enforcing safety procedures and compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Complete quarterly performance review with technicians.
- Recruit, hire and train new service technicians.
- Process manufacturer warranty claims
- Complete manufacturer equipment service training to achieve master technician accreditation
- High school diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a service manager in a distribution or service environment
- Strong communication skills and good phone presence
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proven data entry skills
- Must be self-directed and motivated and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Work schedule flexibility, with advance notice, to accommodate the needs of the business
What We Offer
- A fun, fast-paced, competitive work environment
- Extremely competitive benefits include: 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 3% company contribution toward your 401K
- 7 paid holidays plus your birthday
- Competitive and generous Paid-Time-Off policy
Ready to join us? We’re ready, too! Send your resume to careers.