INTERNAL POSTING FOR CURRENT EMPLOYEES ONLY
Lane Supply Company and its affiliate Compressed Air Technologies is looking for an Installation Manager to join our innovative, dynamic team!
Founded in 1955, Lane Supply Company is the premier solutions provider and wholesale distributor of specialty manufacturing, industrial, and construction supplies and equipment to hundreds of manufacturers and contractors throughout the United States. Since 2017, we’ve executed a methodical and aggressive growth strategy, resulting in the addition of three locations and over 400% growth. As we continue to achieve our goals and expand, we are looking to add individuals to our team who are passionate about what they do, have the grit to get the job done, and always do the right thing.
We are a “Sixty-Year-Old Start-Up,” challenging how traditional industrial supply and solutions providers do business. We value our customers and employees and strive to build a culture where hard work, integrity, honesty, and ingenuity are rewarded. If you’re looking to be a part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business, this may be the opportunity for you.
About the Role
Based out of Monroe, Ohio area, the Installation Manager will report to the General Manager and is responsible for estimating, proposing, and managing the installation of compressors and compressor equipment. Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task and is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
What You’ll Do in This Role
The Installation Manager (IM) is a full-time position responsible for the project from post-sale through compressor installation or service completion
- The IM will be responsible to review customer installation requirements, visit the facility to develop a project plan and cost estimate.
- The IM will create drawings and estimates for each installation project to help the sales team in winning the project proposal.
- The IM will support the sales team when presenting installation proposals to customer decision makers.
- The IM will coordinate and manage all sub-contractors helping in and installation project.
- The IM will recruit, training and coach compressor installation technicians.
- Implement, follow, and document a training plan for members of the installation team.
- The IM will be the main point of contact for the team throughout the project and will communicate with the customer as needed to ensure they are satisfied
- As the main point of contact, all customer and team questions will be filtered through the IM
- Check-in with the teams every morning to review projects of the day, set expectations, answer any questions
- Follow-up with previous projects and outstanding items
- Review paperwork from the team for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness
- Review job costs and final labor
- Check-out with the teams every evening to ensure the teams complete the job at a reasonable time, and discuss any pending issues
- Attend customer site and evaluate the team performance, job status, and customer satisfaction
- Perform final walk-through and answer questions
- Create and maintain a pending list of all new and un-finished projects, all job requirements that need to completed.
- Create and present regular reports to senior management
- Maintain a safe work environment while enforcing safety procedures and compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- The IM will create a punch list and review with the customer, send requests to order additional parts, schedule follow-up service teams, estimate any chargeback as needed
- IM will be responsible for ensuring final payments are collected, ensuring the customer is satisfied, and reviewing surveys
- High school diploma and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an Installation Manager in a distribution or service environment
- Effective communication skills and good phone presence
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proven data entry skills
- Must be self-directed and motivated and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Work schedule flexibility, with advance notice, to accommodate the needs of the business
What We Offer
- A fun, fast-paced, competitive work environment
- Extremely competitive benefits include: 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 3% company contribution toward your 401K
- 7 paid holidays plus your birthday
- Competitive and generous Paid-Time-Off policy
Ready to join us? We’re ready, too! Send your resume to careers.